Artificial Intelligence Content Generation
Date: May - July 2023
Method: Mainly practical, with many use cases
Price: 950€ - Grants available!
Generative AI is a powerful and rapidly developing field of Artificial Intelligence that has the potential to revolutionize how content is created.
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of current generative AI technologies, with a focus on text and image generation, video creation, and 3D modeling, among other possibilities.
This course will start with an introduction to the basic concepts of Generative AI, including its application fields, relevant models and architectures, and the tools available for implementation. We will then discuss the many potential business applications for Generative AI, such as automated content generation, translations, sentiment analysis, and summaries. We will also discuss how Generative AI can be used to create images, program code, poetry, and artwork.
The second part of this course will focus on the current Generative AI models and platforms, from the basics to specific techniques for different types of content. We will also discuss several useful tools, such as Stable Diffusion, DALLE-2, Midjourney, GPT-3, chatGPT, and a new collection of possibilities. We will explore their main features and possibilities, and how to boost and improve the creative process of artists, writers, and content creators.
Finally, we will look at the implications of Generative AI, both in terms of opportunities, such as the potential of “prompt engineers”, and in terms of potential risks, such as the challenge of ensuring intellectual property rights.
If you are interested in the course, leave us your information and we will contact you
Objectives and targets
This course is especially aimed at those with an interest in:
- Know the fundamentals that underlie current generative models. Without technical or mathematical depth, but with enough rigor to know its mechanisms.
- Know the different current possibilities in generative models capable of creating high-quality content in different fields.
- A broad vision of the current spectrum of available solutions and being able to take advantage of their advantages and disadvantages.
The course does not require prior technical foundations and is open to:
- Content creators, in the widest possible spectrum.
- Professionals in marketing, communications, art, writing, etc.
- Anyone who wants to streamline and enhance their work, daily activities or hobbies with the most advanced AI-based generative assistants and techniques of the moment.
- Introduction to basic fundamental elements, skipping mathematical background, and any other prerequisite.
- Mainly practical, with many use cases.
- Poliformat UPV official LMS platform for main group creation and final evaluation.
- media.upv.es for video hosting.
- SPOOC format on edX Studio hosted in UPV -> Flexible LMS with a powerful authoring tool.
- Teams for synchronous sessions.
- Standard templates for slides and material.
Specific details on Introduction to content creation with AI generative tools
- Formal CFP UPV course of 7.5 ECTS.
- 100 estimated average student working hours (videos + material study + synchronous sessions).
- Estimated student work: 8-16 hours/week based on student’s final availability and objectives.
- Estimated duration of the course: 3 months (May, June and July).
Online - Blended learning
- Teaching materials: traditional content + videos
- Asynchronous videos focusing on main concepts, skipping much more dynamic details, following standard recommendations: 7 min. max, main concepts, real teacher on screen, free use of any tool (standard template for slides), screen casts, other possibilities when required.
- Text: Reading material with full explanations, references, links to additional material, and video slides.
- Weekly synchronous (also recorded) sessions of the scheduled topics of the week: introduction to the topic, summarizing and a better way to approach to the work of the week.
- Tutorial support, with online meeting scheduling if required.
- Assessment: Project-based assessment with mandatory online defense (synchronous/asynchronous based on number of students).