Adriano GalanoSales Specialist AI & High Performance Computing, HPE Southern Europe
Cristina BaixauliDinapsis Valencia Director
Director at Dinapsis Valencia
Lorena BoriBiology Specialist at IVI RMA Global
Biology Specialist at IVI RMA Global
Luis BúrdaloR&D at S2 Grupo
R&D at S2 Grupo
Marco DorigoUniversité Libre de Bruxelles
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Pablo AlcorizaCTO at Idrica
CTO at Idrica
Patricia TamaritProduct Manager at Nunsys
Product Manager at Nunsys
Tom DietterichOregon State University
Oregon State University
- 04 Jul 2023
- English & Spanish
- Auditorio Cubo Azul - 3rd Floor - Access M & N
ValgrAI Scientific Council Forum 2023
The ValgrAI Scientific Council Forum 2023 is a prestigious event dedicated to the latest advancements and innovations in artificial intelligence (AI) research.
Held on July 4, 2023 at the Universitat Politècnica de València – Auditorio Cubo Azul., the symposium aims to bring together renowned experts, researchers, and industry professionals to exchange knowledge, showcase their work, and foster collaboration within the AI community.
Check the agenda at the bottom of this page! ⬇️
We are pleased to announce our two esteemed members from the Valgrai Scientific Council, renowned for their expertise in research and development, Thomas Dietterich and Marco Dorigo. These experts will be sharing their knowledge and unique insights at the #VSCF2023, providing invaluable perspectives on the latest scientific and technological advancements.
Furthermore, we are excited to have a distinguished professional in the realm of social media, entrepreneurship, and creativity, Jesús Hijas. Attendees can expect to gain strategic insights on harnessing the power of AI to foster innovation and creativity in various industries.
We will also have the different representatives of the ValgrAI collaborating companies, who will share with those attending #VSCF2023 the strategies they have implemented in their companies and their experiences with Artificial Intelligence.
Additionally, the pre and post-doctoral researchers who have been awarded grants from Valgrai will have the opportunity to share their recent findings and advancements during our event, offering attendees a glimpse into the cutting-edge research happening in various AI fields. Their presentations will provide a unique perspective and showcase the promising work being done by the next generation of researchers. We are delighted to have them contribute to the knowledge-sharing and intellectual exchange at our event.
Join the AI Challenge!
As a new addition in this second edition, we present the “AI Challenge: Generation of Innovative Ideas with AI for Companies (Collaborative Challenge)”, an opportunity for participants to showcase their skills and creativity while establishing significant connections with companies and their talent acquisition teams.
In this activity, teams will explore the company’s value chain and identify AI application opportunities, working collaboratively to generate innovative ideas and define projects for the incorporation of Artificial Intelligence technologies. This collaborative approach fosters a learning environment where students can exchange ideas and perspectives with professionals, promoting a mutual exchange of knowledge and ideas.
This event will provide attending students with a valuable opportunity to have their first approximation to the professional world, allowing them to immerse themselves in real business processes and interact with industry professionals. On the other hand, professionals participating in the AI Challenge will benefit from exposure to cases different from those in their own companies, enabling them to expand their problem-solving skills and gain new perspectives.
This AI Challenge not only offers participants the opportunity to gain practical experience and demonstrate their problem-solving skills but also serves as a bridge between students and professionals, facilitating networking opportunities and potential collaborations or future job opportunities.
In the previous ValgrAI Scientific Council Forum…
Scientific Council interviews
- 9:00 - 9:30
- 9:30 - 10:00h
- 10:00 - 10:45
- Keynote: What's wrong with LLMs and what we should be building instead (English)
- Large Language Models provide a pre-trained foundation for training many interesting AI systems. However, they have many shortcomings. They are expensive to train and to update, their non-linguistic knowledge is poor, they make false and self-contradictory statements, and these statements can be socially and ethically inappropriate. This talk will review these shortcomdifferentings and current efforts to address them within the existing LLM framework. It will then argue for a , more modular architecture that decomposes the functions of existing LLMs and adds several additional components. We believe this alternative can address all of the shortcomings of LLMs. We will speculate about how this modular architecture could be built through a combination of machine learning and engineering.
- 10:45 - 11:15
- Presentations Research Projects of ValgrAI Postdoctoral Researchers (6)
- Adrián Colomer (UPV), Iván Giménez (UPV), Miguel Domingo (UPV), Sergio Cebollada (UMH), Wael El-Deredy (UV), Carlos Marín (UJI)
- 11:15 - 11:45
- Coffee Break
- 11:45 - 12:45
- Presentations Doctoral theses ValgrAI Predoctoral Researchers (12)
- Antonio Santo (UMH), Paula Soriano (UMH), Álex Martínez (UJI), Yanet Martín (UJI), Antonio Ferrer (UV), Bassam Hanna (UV), Nahuel Emiliano García (UA), Sandra García (UA), Beatriz Franco (UPV), Behzad Mehrbakhsh (UPV), Christian Pérez (UPV), Pablo Meseguer (UPV)
- 12:45 - 13:45
- Entrepreneurship and creativity in times of Artificial Intelligence (Spanish)
- Con el acceso a la potencia de la Inteligencia Artificial democratizado, la capacidad de idear soluciones originales a problemas reales cobra una importancia estratégica en cualquier negocio. Y eso es tarea, responsabilidad y oportunidad de las personas. Por esta razón la creatividad humana es la habilidad transversal más importante y más buscada por las empresas en su talento. Junto con la creatividad, la actitud emprendedora nos guiará en cualquier reto profesional. La era de la Inteligencia Artificial ha llegado para quedarse: mapearemos situación actual, implicaciones, desafíos y oportunidades. Originalidad, emoción, diferenciación… creatividad, emprendimiento... ¡Eleva tu capacidad profesional a la potencia de la Inteligencia Artificial!
- 13:45 - 15:00
- Lunch break
- 15:00 - 15:45
- Keynote: Self-Organizing Nervous System for Robot Swarms (English)
- Typically, robot swarms coordinate through self-organization. With the proposal of the self-organizing nervous system concept, we study how self-organisation can be made more powerful as a tool to coordinate the activities of a robot swarm by adding some components of hierarchical control. In the presentation, I will give a brief overview of the self-organizing nervous system and then illustrate the first steps we have made in implementing it in a heterogeneous swarm composed of drones and ground robots.
- 15:45 - 17:15
- Application of AI in valgrAI partner companies
- S2 Grupo, Hidraqua, Idrica, Nunsys, Hewlett & Packard Enterprise, IVI RMA Global
Speakers:Adriano Galano, Cristina Baixauli, Lorena Bori, Luis Búrdalo, Pablo Alcoriza, Patricia Tamarit
- 17:15 - 18:45
- AI Challenge: Generation of Innovation Ideas with AI for companies (Collaborative Challenge) (Spanish)
- Team dynamics for the generation of innovative ideas to be applied in real business processes. A dynamic will be established to learn about a real company, its processes and opportunities. The teams will identify AI application opportunities within the value chain. The teams will generate a stack of ideas and define projects for the incorporation of Artificial Intelligence technologies in the company. Participating companies are S2 Grupo, Hidraqua, Idrica, Nunsys, Hewlett & Packard Enterprise, IVI RMA Global