Artificial intelligence for teachers
Date: April 2023
Method: Asynchronous online material | Online tutoring | Project management
Price: 950€ Grants available!
Are you aware of the revolution that Artificial Intelligence is producing in the world? Are you prepared to adapt your teaching methodologies to this new era of technology?
Faculty are faced with the challenge of preparing their students for a future where AI will be an important part of the world of work and society. Therefore, it is critical that they stay up to date on the latest AI trends and tools and learn how to integrate them into their teaching programs to improve the quality of learning for their students.
We present our course “Artificial Intelligence for teachers”, a course created in collaboration with the five public universities of the Valencian Community.
In it, you will learn about Artificial Intelligence and how it is applied in the real world. We will teach you the basics of this technology, how it is used to solve problems, and how you can apply it in your own teachings.
We will also discuss important issues related to ethics and privacy in Artificial Intelligence so that you can understand its impact on society.
At the end of the course, you will put into practice what you have learned in a tutored project related to Artificial Intelligence.
In summary, the course will provide you with a solid foundation in understanding Artificial Intelligence and how you can use it effectively in your teaching. Don’t miss the opportunity to prepare for the Artificial Intelligence revolution!
More information? Leave us your information and we will contact you
- Know the history and operation of basic techniques in artificial intelligence so that they can recognize their impact.
- Understand how AI is transforming the job market and prepare students for the future of work.
- Understand how AI can be used to address problems and challenges in various fields and plan its use to take advantage of its possibilities and improve digital capabilities.
- Provide students and teachers with the necessary knowledge and tools to understand AI in its current state and be able to use it in their day to day.
- Acquire the necessary skills and competencies to work with AI technologies and integrate them into the planning and design of new educational models, improving their efficiency and the quality of teaching and learning processes in the classroom.
- Foster a culture of ethical values and responsibility in relation to AI, preparing students to be responsible citizens in the age of AI.
- Develop a project in which you will apply all the knowledge acquired and that you will be able to use in your subsequent teaching activities.
- Teaching five modules or blocks remotely through the Virtual Classroom of the Universitat Politècnica de València.
- The virtual training includes complete theoretical-practical agendas, including exercises and practical tasks that help to consolidate the contents; as well as self-assessment questionnaires to find out the level of assimilation of the contents studied.
- In addition, there will be a series of synchronous video tutorials/seminars in which the student body can raise any doubts that have arisen, as well as make any explanation or clarification of the content reviewed in said sessions.
Unit 1. Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. What is Artificial Intelligence (AI), history and applications
Unit 2. Representation of knowledge and reasoning. Learn basic problem solving techniques such as search, automatic reasoning or knowledge-based systems.
Unit 3. Machine learning. Learn different machine learning techniques such as neural networks, decision trees or k-means among others.
Unit 4. Ethics, Privacy, Legislation and AI. Know what impact AI has on society, what standards must be followed in its development and application, as well as legal issues about AI
Unit 5. AI project. Development by the student of a project that makes use of AI techniques.
- Exam at the end of the course: 80% of the final mark. The contents of all the blocks studied will be evaluated, which will be carried out online.
- Artificial Intelligence Project: 20% of the final mark. (Work resulting from the completion of block 5)
- To obtain the final PASS, it is necessary to have obtained a minimum of 5 points out of 10 in the two previous tests, as well as having carried out at least 80% of the activities proposed throughout the course: exercises and practical tasks; and self-assessment questionnaires.